Welcome to South Shores Kids Online! Here you can access the Bible Story, video, activity pages, and fun at home activities you can do together as a family!
Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Read the Bible Story and Watch the Video Together
Read the Story from the Bible together as a family. After you have read it, watch the Bible Story Video during the Sunday Kids Service (available on YouTube, Facebook or on-demand).
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Work on Coloring Pages and Choose an at-home Family Action
Included are coloring pages, activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child.
Sunday, June 4
Isaiah Warned of God’s Judgment : Isaiah 22; 48
TALK ABOUT IT
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- Have you learned anything about God that surprises you?
- What does God’s warning to the people of Judah teach us about sin?(Remind them that because God is holy, He cannot tolerate sin. Encourage kids to think of how their sin separates them from God. Guide kids to discuss the various consequences of sin and how even a merciful God must still punish sin because He is holy. Read Rom. 6:23.)
- How did God show patience with the people of Judah? Lead them to understand that God did not punish their sin right away. God was patient by sending Isaiah to warn them about His judgment and call them to repentance. Help them understand that God is patient, but that we are not to take advantage of His patience. We should be quick to repent when we sin. Read Rom. 2:3-4.)
- Does God want everyone to repent? Why? Remind them that God created all people and He cares about all of His creation. Lead them to discuss how knowing God’s care for all people might change the way they share the gospel. Read 2 Pet. 3:9)
Preschool Family Action
Provide them with a set of wood blocks. Direct them to build a “city” out of the blocks on opposite sides of the room. Encourage them to be creative with their cities and to create as many structures as they can. Provide them with a ball when they have completed their structure. Lead them to roll the ball and try to knock down their city Allow them to take turns trying to knock down the city until it is completely destroyed.
SAY While that was a fun game, it would not be fun to have the city you live in destroyed. The prophet Isaiah warned the people of Judah that the city of Jerusalem would be destroyed if they did not repent of their sin. Sin always destroys and leads to judgment. Let’s read today’s Bible story to understand why it is good for God to judge sin.
Elementary Family Action
Discuss some of the various warning sounds we have in our cities, schools, and homes. Provide some examples of warning sounds such as a fire alarm in the home, police sirens, tornado sirens, the beeping of a truck backing up, and so forth. Lead them to explain why we have these different warning sounds and why they are important. (Tip: Consider using a search engine on your phone to play different warning sounds or challenge them to imitate various warnings sounds they have heard.)
SAY We have alarms and sirens for a reason: they help us to avoid danger. We would be foolish to ignore an alarm that warned us of harm. In today’s Bible story, the prophet Isaiah gave a warning. However, the people ignored his warning.