Welcome to South Shores Kids Online! Here you can access the Bible Story, video, activity pages, and fun at home activities you can do together as a family!
Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Read the Bible Story and Watch the Video Together
Read the Story from the Bible together as a family. After you have read it, watch the Bible Story Video during the Sunday Kids Service (available on YouTube, Facebook or on-demand).
- Discuss the "Talk About It"
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Work on Coloring Pages and Choose an at-home Family Action
Included are coloring pages, activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child.
Sunday, August 1st
Barnabas in Antioch- Acts 11
TALK ABOUT IT
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- Have you learned anything about Jesus that surprises you?
- How did the Jewish believers react after Peter explained what happened with Cornelius? (Read Acts 11:18)
- Who did the scattered believers share the gospel? (Read Acts 11:19)
- In what city were believers first called Christians? (Read Acts 11:26)
- Who can we share the gospel with? (Direct kids to see that God’s plan all along has been for people of all nations and tribes to come to faith. As a result, we can be sure that God wants us to share the gospel with everyone we meet.)
- How do you feel when you think about sharing the gospel with someone? (Help kids think through the common emotions they might experience. Remind them that it is normal to feel nervous, afraid, or uncertain. Help them understand that the Bible teaches us the Holy Spirit will empower us and help to give us the words we need to share the gospel. Remind them that even a negative reaction from the person listening doesn’t mean we should stop sharing the gospel.)
- How can you encourage other believers? (Guide kids to think practically. Remind them that telling someone you care or thanking them for the ways they help you love Jesus are great ways to encourage others. Sometimes, even just listening to others’ problems is all it takes.)
- Bible Story Poster
- Main Point Poster
- Preschool Activity
- Younger Kids Activity Page
- Older Kids Activity Page
PRESCHOOL FAMILY ACTIONS
Choose This or That
Give kids two options and invite them to move to one side of the room for one option and the other side for the other. Then bring everyone together and give another two options. Use the options below or create your own.
- pizza or cheeseburgers
- red or blue
- swimming or climbing
- summer or winter
- soccer or baseball
SAY • We divided into two different groups over and over then came together as one. The Bible talks about two groups of people: Jews and Gentiles. Because of Jesus, these two groups came together as one in the church. Listen to the story to hear how the gospel spread to the Gentiles. What is the gospel? The gospel is the good news that God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world to rescue sinners.
ELEMENTARY FAMILY ACTIONS
Good News Telephone
Gather the family and have them sit in a circle. Pick one person to start with a message of good news like Jesus Loves You, The Gospel is for everyone, or something entirely your own and have them whisper it to the family member sitting next to them. That family member will turn and whisper the phrase to the family member on their left, and so on around the circle. The last family member will say the phrase aloud to the everyone. Play a second round using a different phrase.
SAY • When you were whispering the phrase, it was hard to tell if the message got twisted. When you said the phrase for everyone to hear, it was easier to catch mistakes and correct them. In a way, this is helpful when thinking about the gospel. When we spread it boldly, it encourages those around us and those who know the gospel can help us catch mistakes if we are misunderstanding something in the Bible. Barnabas went to Antioch to encourage believers. We can encourage one another just by reminding one another of God’s love for all people.