Welcome to South Shores Kids Online! Here you can access the Bible Story, video, activity pages, and fun at home activities you can do together as a family!
Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Read the Bible Story and Watch the Video Together
Read the Story from the Bible together as a family. After you have read it, watch the Bible Story Video during the Sunday Kids Service (available on YouTube, Facebook or on-demand).
- Discuss the "Talk About It"
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Work on Coloring Pages and Choose an at-home Family Action
Included are coloring pages, activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child.
Sunday, October 2nd
God's Miracles Prove Who He Is- Mark 16
TALK ABOUT IT
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- Have you learned anything about Jesus that surprises you?
- How did the women react when they arrived at Jesus’ tomb? Why? (Guide kids to recognize that the women were fearful and amazed. They were expecting to anoint Jesus’ body with spices. Instead, Jesus was not there. They found that the large stone had been rolled away. An angel was there so they were shocked. Their Lord was gone and they didn’t understand why. They were not thinking about Jesus’ promise to rise again.)
- How did the angel respond to the women’s fear? (Help kids recall that the angel told the women to not be afraid. He told them what happened to Jesus and comforted them. Jesus was alive. He told the women that Jesus had gone ahead of them and would meet them in Galilee. He wanted the women to share this wonderful news.)
- Who can you tell about the miraculous news that Jesus is God the Son, who died and rose to rescue us from sin? (Encourage the kids to think about friends, neighbors, or family members they know who may not know Jesus. Pray for the kids to have wisdom and courage to know how and when to share the gospel.)
PRESCHOOL FAMILY ACTIONS
THE EMPTY TOMB
Provide each kid with half a sheet of brown cardstock and a brown paper plate. Invite the kids to crumple their cardstock into a loose ball. You may wish to use a spray bottle and water to spritz the cardstock so it crumples more easily. If you do, be careful not to soak it. Help the kids cut their paper plates in half and cut a semicircle the size of the cardstock ball in
the straight edge of one of the plate halves. Glue or tape the two plate halves together so that the rims meet and both straight edges are on the bottom. Use craft sticks to make three crosses and tape them to the top of each tomb. Allow the craft to dry.
SAY Jesus’ tomb is empty! Jesus is alive with all power. Jesus died and rose again to save all who believe in Him from their sin! This craft will help you remember this wonderful news of the gospel.
ELEMENTARY FAMILY ACTIONS
Distribute paper (blank or ruled) and writing utensils. Direct kids to write down a list of people they can tell about Jesus. Encourage them to especially think about people who are not followers of Jesus. Next, invite kids to write down what they would say in a conversation with one of these people. Specifically, how would they explain the gospel? What would they say to someone who does not believe the resurrection actually happened?
Remind kids that they may not always have all the answers, but a good place to start is to share their stories and talk about how God has changed them. Finally, guide kids to make a plan for this conversation. When and where will it take place?
SAY The angel in the tomb told the women to go and tell others that Jesus was alive. You can tell other people the good news about Jesus, too.