Welcome to South Shores Kids Online! Here you can access the Bible Story, video, activity pages, and fun at home activities you can do together as a family!
Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Read the Bible Story and Watch the Video Together
Read the Story from the Bible together as a family. After you have read it, watch the Bible Story Video during the Sunday Kids Service (available on YouTube, Facebook or on-demand).
- Discuss the "Talk About It"
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Work on Coloring Pages and Choose an at-home Family Action
Included are coloring pages, activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child.
Sunday, September 27th
John Pointed to Jesus- Matthew 3; John 1,3
TALK ABOUT IT
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- Have you learned anything about Jesus that surprises you?
- What were Jesus and His disciples doing in the countryside? (Read John 3:22)
- Why were John's disciples arguing? (Read, John 3:26)
- What did John want to happen? (Read John 3:30- 31,35)
- Why is it good to glorify Jesus? (Guide kids to understand that people were created by God to glorify God. Jesus is God the Son. When we glorify Him in our lives, we are fulfilling our purpose, and it is good for us. Everything God does is for His glory and our good, including creating us to worship Him.)
- When is it hard to glorify Jesus? (Discuss situations kids may face that can fill them with pride or arrogance. Explain that sinful pride makes it impossible to glorify Jesus. Remind them that our gifts and talents were given by God as a way to glorify God. When we do well, we can thank God and remind other people about His goodness to bless us with talents or skills.)
- How can we learn to show humility? (Explain that the first step toward humility is understanding who Jesus is. He is God's beloved Son. He is the Messiah. The story of our lives is ultimately about Him, not any of us. Help kids consider that all people are equally valuable to God as all people are made in His image. None of us are better. All of us are His creations.)
- Bible Story Poster
- Main Point Poster
- Preschool Activity Page
- Younger Kids Activity Page
- Older Kids Activity Page
PRESCHOOL FAMILY ACTION
Play a Card Game
Print and cut apart the "Community Helper" cards. Layout the cards in a faceup grid. Name each community helper and talk about what his or her special job is. Then turn over all the cards and play a matching game where children take turns turning over two cards at a time to find a match.
SAY: Each of these people has a special job. He or she works hard to do a job. In our Bible story, we learned that Jesus and John had different but special, jobs to do.
ELEMENTARY FAMILY ACTION
Increase or Decrease?
Select someone to think of a number between 1 and 100, including both 1 and 100. Allow the other family members to guess the number. After each guess, the person who's thinking of the number will tell the other family if they should increase or decrease their next guess to be closer. When someone guesses the right number, select a new family member, and start again. Be prepared to help kids answer if they are unsure if a guess is above or below their number.
SAY: You had to increase or decrease your guesses' values to get to the correct answer. Today we learned about a time John told people that Jesus must increase while he decreased. What do you think it means for Jesus to increase?