Welcome to South Shores Kids Online! Here you can access the Bible Story, video, activity pages, and fun at home activities you can do together as a family!
Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Read the Bible Story and Watch the Video Together
Read the Story from the Bible together as a family. After you have read it, watch the Bible Story Video during the Sunday Kids Service (available on YouTube, Facebook or on-demand).
- Discuss the "Talk About It"
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Work on Coloring Pages and Choose an at-home Family Action
Included are coloring pages, activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child.
Sunday, November 29th
Jesus Healed a Man Who Was Blind- John 9
TALK ABOUT IT
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- Have you learned anything about Jesus that surprises you?
- . Why was the man born blind? ( Read John 9:3)
- How did Jesus heal the man? (Read John 9:6-7)
- What did the religious leaders do to the healed man? (Read 9:34)
- In what ways are we like the man born blind? (Guide kids to consider what it means to be born in sin. Help them see that spiritual blindness prevents us from being able to pursue God on our own. Guide kids to discuss what it feels like to be in darkness. Point out both the fear of the dark that some have and also the practical limitations of doing things in the dark.
- Why do you think Jesus calls Himself the Light of the world? (Help them understand the ways in which Jesus “lights up” our life, such as helping us see and understand God’s truth, giving us joy, and helping us walk in obedience to God. Point out that, while it is difficult to do things in the dark, light helps us work.)
- How can we be given “spiritual sight”? (Direct kids to think about the message of the gospel. Help them see that they cannot earn salvation, but it is given freely to those with faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection. Remind them that with salvation comes new life and the Holy Spirit’s help to love and obey God.)
- Bible Story Poster
- Main Point Poster
- Preschool Activity Page
- Younger Kids Activity Page
- Older Kids Activity Page
PRESCHOOL FAMILY ACTION
Guess The Item
Gather an assortment of small items. Place each item in a paper lunch sack and fold down the top. Invite kids to feel each item without looking in the bag. Encourage them to guess each item. Reveal the contents of the bag after they have guessed.
SAY: It’s not easy to know what something is when you can’t see it. Jesus healed a man who could not see. Sin keeps us from seeing what is true about God in our hearts. Jesus helps us see what is true so we can know God.
ELEMENTARY FAMILY ACTION
Create an obstacle course in a room in your house. Blindfolds your kids and have them and attempt to navigate the obstacle course. If they are having trouble, help them by calling out a direction for them to follow,
SAY: That was pretty hard to navigate such a winding path. Today we learned that Jesus gave sight to a man who was blind. In John 9:39-41, Jesus told people that He came to give sight to those who are blind and make those who can see become blind.