Welcome to South Shores Kids Online! Here you can access the Bible Story, video, activity pages, and fun at home activities you can do together as a family!
Here’s how you can enjoy these church videos and use the content provided as a family:
- Read the Bible Story and Watch the Video Together
Read the Story from the Bible together as a family. After you have read it, watch the Bible Story Video during the Sunday Kids Service (streaming Sunday at 9:00 am or on-demand).
- Discuss the "Talk About It"
Questions will include conversations about the Bible story to allow you and your children to reflect on the biblical truth and share your thoughts about the video with each other.
- Work on Coloring Pages and Choose an at-home Family Action
Included are coloring pages, activity sheets, games, additional questions and ideas to engage with the Bible story further at home with your child.
Sunday May 31st
Daniel in The Lion's Den- Daniel 6
TALK ABOUT IT
- What was your favorite part of the video we just watched?
- Have you learned anything about Jesus that surprises you?
- Why did the other leaders want to get Daniel in trouble? (Read Daniel 6:3-4)
- What law did Darius create? (Read Daniel 6:7)
- What was Daniel’s response to the king’s law? (Read Daniel 6:10)
- Why do you think Daniel obeyed God rather than King Darius? (Guide the kids to see that God is our ultimate authority. We are called to obey God above any earthly leaders. If Daniel were to obey the king’s decree to pray to him, Daniel would have been sinning against God.)
- How can your obedience to God point others to His goodness? (Explain that our obedience shows others that we really do trust God and believe the Bible. When we choose to follow God, especially when disobedience might seem easier, we demonstrate to the world that God is worthy of our obedience.)
PRESCHOOL FAMILY ACTION
Create Lion Art
- Brown Paper Bag
- Orange and Yellow Paper (Construction, tissue, computer- whatever you have)
Give each child a brown paper bag. Do no open them yet. Show your child how to draw the lion’s face on the bottom flap on the bag. (attached) Once they have drawn the face, help them cut the yellow and orange paper into strips. Glue the strips around the lions face. After the lions has been constructed, help you child write our story point bottom of the bag.
STORY POINT: God saved Daniel from the lions.
Once everything has been constructed, show your child how to open the bag and use their hand to create a Lion Puppet.
SAY: Daniel did not stop praying to God even with the new law. King Darius was sad that Daniel had to be put into the lions’ den for breaking the law; he hoped God would save Daniel. The next morning King Darius hurried to see that God saved Daniel from the lions. God is powerful! God sent His Son, Jesus, to save us from something more dangerous than lions. Jesus rescues us from sin and death.
ELEMENTARY FAMILY ACTIONS
Make a Prayer Journal
For this project, you can either use the journal provided or have kids make their own. If they choose to make their own, give several sheets of paper to each kid. Demonstrate how to fold the papers in half along the width and staple them into a booklet. Provide markers or colored pencils, stickers, decorative tape, or other art supplies for kids to decorate their journals. Encourage the kids to write or draw three things they pray for each day throughout the week.
SAY: Even though the king passed a law making it illegal to pray to anyone other than him for thirty days, Daniel still prayed to God as he had always done. Daniel loved God and knew that obeying Him was worth any punishment he faced. The same is true for us. God is our Creator and King. We need Him each and every day!