Update: September 17, 2020
We are opening our campus for indoor worship services Sunday, September 20, 2020.
- Worship Center | Traditional Worship
- Ocean Room | Contemporary Worship (with video preaching)
- The Hub | Overflow of Traditional Worship Service
- Worship Center | Contemporary Worship
- The Hub | Overflow of Contemporary Worship Service
*Both 9:30 and 11:00 am services will be livestreamed.
South Shores Kids will be available outdoors on The Lawn at 9:30 and 11:00 am services. KIDS REOPENING GUIDELINES
Anchorage Youth will meet in the Youth Rooms during the 11:00 am service.
We want this time to be safe for you and your loved ones, so we have made careful changes to what Sunday mornings at South Shores look like:
- We’ll practice SOCIAL DISTANCING. PLEASE WEAR A MASK or face shield. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you. While we understand that not everyone loves the mask requirement, and some feel it imposes on their rights, we believe part of our Christian duty to do our best to protect others, even if we have to set aside our preferences. Stay six feet apart from other households, especially when in-doors, and bring back the “Air Hugs” and “Air Fives” to our greetings.
- We’ll aim for EXTRA CLEAN. Doors will be propped open, nothing will be handed to you, offering boxes will be available, and we encourage everyone to use the hand-sanitizer stations when you arrive and as needed. Additionally, we’ll sanitize all necessary surfaces thoroughly between services.
- We’ll be with you AT HOME. If you are in a high-risk category, feel sick, or simply don’t feel ready to return at this time, we’d encourage you to continue worshiping with us from home or a House Church. We’ll live stream the worship services at 9:30 AM and at 11:00 AM. Our kids program is also available on-demand throughout the day.
On behalf of all our South Shores Pastors, Staff, and Deacons: We love you! We are praying for you! We love worshipping our God together with you. See you Sunday!
In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, South Shores Church has made as many necessary adjustments as possible to continue to pursue our purpose of growing fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ through emphasizing our five values.
Here are some of the changes we have made:
Worshiping Together through Online Services
We are safely prerecording our services and making them available at southshores.org/watch. Weekly Sunday Streaming of our United Service at 9:30 featured there, Vimeo, YouTube & Facebook Live. Additionally we offer an on-demand Kids service.
Growing Together in Online Groups
Our church is providing online opportunities to connect and grow with other people. We have groups for all ages and stages in life and we would love to help you find the one that is right for you!
Mobilizing help for the community
Depending on your situation you may be in a position to give help, or you may need to get help. Either way, we are here for you, responding to the needs of our community and encouraging our church family to pitch in.
Offering guidance and support for families
We recognize that this is a lot of time for families to be at home together and we want to help you make the most of it. So our South Shores Kids Ministry and our South Shores Youth Ministry (Anchorage) have each put together online guides to help parents pastor, survive, and thrive at home.
Redeeming the (screen) time
South Shores Church is excited to share with you access to an extensive, new video library called RightNow Media! It’s like the "Netflix of Video Bible Studies" and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, iPad, computer, or at home on your TV.
Daily encouraging your life with Jesus
One of the first adjustments we made was to create daily video devotions by our pastors and staff in order to encourage you with God's Word. We release these Monday through Friday. Catch them on Facebook, our South Shores App, or visit the whole collection here.